Sunday, February 26, 2012

Design inspiration - L'Wren Scott

L'Wren Scott Headmistress Wool Dress Photograph
Ellen Barkin in the Headmistress
I love surfing the web for sewing inspiration. Thanks to some dutiful lurking on the Selfish Seamstresses' blog, I came across a wonderful rendition of the L'Wren Scott Headmistress dress...a simple dark sheath with contrasting white cuffs and collar. I looooove the modern-vintage sort of detail to the collar, and knew I had to learn more about the designer. L'Wren Scott has a background as a costume designer for film, and it shows - timeless pieces, unique detail, beautiful fabrics. A lot of great ideas here that could translate easily into office wear with a little creative sewing wizardry...check out the website for great runway videos and inspiration of your own!

Love the detail on these little numbers...
Dragon Fly Blues Backstage
Dragon Fly Blues Backstage

Also be sure to check out Selfish's version, called the English Tutor dress, great job! She also offers a kit that you can download for making the collar and sleeves, so if you have a basic sheath pattern already you can make an English Tutor of your own! How suspiciously unselfish of her...

Tea Time (2012 Collection)
And now, a look at some of my favorites - hmmm, what will I try to knock-off first? I have to say, I kinda prefer her older work, but this little number on the left from 2012 is cute and would be great for summer. 


How about you?
Leave a comment, tell me what you love...


Enough gawking for me, I have to go tidy up my sewing space so that I can actually use it this afternoon. 





A Tropical Conversation (2011 Collection)
A Tropical Conversation Models    A Tropical Conversation Models      A Tropical Conversation Models      A Tropical Conversation Models       A Tropical Conversation Models
Serengeti Sunset (2011 Collection)
Serengeti Sunset Models       Serengeti Sunset Models        Serengeti Sunset Models      Serengeti Sunset Models      Serengeti Sunset Models
Madame Du Barry (2010 Collection)
Madame Du Barry Models  Madame Du Barry Models      Madame Du Barry Models     Madame Du Barry Models       Madame Du Barry Models    Madame Du Barry Models

Zephyr (2009 Collection)
Zephyr Models    Zephyr Models   Zephyr Models   Zephyr Models   Zephyr Models   Zephyr Models
Dragonfly Blues SS08 (2008 Collection)
Dragon Fly Blues Models Dragon Fly Blues Models      Dragon Fly Blues Models  Dragon Fly Blues Models Dragon Fly Blues Models    Dragon Fly Blues Models

No comments:

Post a Comment